Thursday, March 30, 2006

[you are such a vivid dreamer, he said]

image by exploding dog

i usually tell brian my dreams.

he turns my words into poetry
like a magician turns a handkerchief
into a fuzzy white bunny or a pigeon.

today i told wahdoun my dream

about how i was diagnosed with "slight hiv"
only to be told by my huzbee that
if i had hiv then wouldn't he also have it?

he assured me that my hiv was in no way
related to the devastation of aids
and that what i had was completely curable.
you are such a vivid dreamer, he said.

5 comments:

arch.memory said...

I think in your dream HIV stands for "Hyper-Imaginative Vividness'.

katy said...

*^_^*

katy said...

Katy, quit dominating the poetry scene like an iron-handed pimp.

but you like it, riko, my boy... you like it so much.

B Boutwell said...

But Katy lately you haven't been telling me your dreams. And Ash has it right.

katy said...

i know brian, i haven't been telling you my dreams. i haven't really been telling you anything though... 'cause we've not been online simultaniously. what with you having a lady friend now, and ryan and i having had guests and ... excuses excuses.

so the dream i had last night... i had a fro, but a cool one, with blond-ish highlights. but that wasn't what the dream was about. my best friend danielle had a baby, like a big scary one, and it made her happy and sad at the same time. we went to a camp ground where they were giving a single-mom's clinic thing, i went with her, and our not-friend-anymore maggie was there and maggie had the same hair as me, and had a baby too. we talked, and maggie hadn't changed a bit other than her hair, and i was really dissapointed in her because she hadn't changed.
i dreamt this on her birthday, march 31st. i wanted to call her, but she wouldn't have answered her phone anyway, and i don't even know if she's in the states any more...