Friday, December 14, 2007

trouble him

i troubled myself
for the tremble and amble motive

the soft pink around his eyes
from less sleep from more talk

the lilt of his voice, a laugh that carries
and a tongue tying itself around chaos and argumentation
with the easy of a lover

to the insecurities hidden in books
and smiles and chitter chatter

a polite man, a gentle warmth

a passionate fighter with grace and conscious

my white knight in fleece armour
bucking the future he had in the past

and a credible sense of sorrow

my urge, met by the pillow side manner
of a want and a cuddle

1 comment:

arch.memory said...

I LOVE it!

"my white knight in fleece armour
bucking the future he had in the past

and a credible sense of sorrow

my urge, met by the pillow side manner"

I love how you bend cliches, and make familiar imagery fresh again. And I think there's nothing more telling of great poetry than when you feel the poem was written for you, and that's exactly how I felt!