Thursday, April 19, 2007

anti-urge and fleece

there are days when the urge to write. the will to write. are absent in me.

today may not be one of those days. the will to write here is plentiful. the will to write what i am *required* to, however, is limp.

maybe today there is a source. anything from that source breaks itself into words and typed symbols and meanings. anything outside of that source. anything forced. not sourced. is impossible. i cannot tell you about the rhetoric of a human website. i cannot tell you what makes her site work. stand out.

maybe today i should take liberty. today i should be late. today i am wearing the blue fleece my mother got me for christmas. today i am too comfortable to work.

but today i have no excuse. i have only the weight of *required* text hovering over me.

today i don't have the will to write a poem. but at least i have poetry in my fingers.


No comments: