Tuesday, January 09, 2007

the max effect

ryan and i went to philly this weekend past to see ashraf read some of his mighty poetry. we had a fabulous time (thank you dear!!) and got to meet the adorable foxy (ashraf & wojtek's new lady dog friend). it was a rather eventful weekend actually... snuffy caught two mice. one ashraf found dead and one that i took out of snuffy's mouth while it was still wriggling and trying to get away (i think it will be alright). ryan and i had our first taste of proper geno's cheesesteak and tastykakes as well. we visited the new rocky statue...


and saw the Child of Man (with Clive Owen, recommend it). i ate *a ton* and slept lots and overall feel pretty relaxed for having gone away for a few days (despite the 6hr drive there and 6hrs home; thankfully my back hasn't ached at all like i feared it might with all the driving around).

but,

because we were gone for a few days i needed someone to come administer a pill to max. that person was my mom.

unfortunately for both my mom and max, the encounter resulted in my mom having to go to the doctor and is now on antibiotics from the bite max inflicted. they brawled. and max won.

i feel awful that my mom got hurt and that max was so shaken up by it all. my mom took some pictures of the damage... you can't see the swelling, but you can see at least that he drew blood in several places...

so this... a public apology to my mommy (like i said, i really feel terrible for catalyzing the whole thing), to max who i should have known better than to think he'd take anything from someone other than me or ryan, and a thank you to ashraf for a lovely weekend away from it all, for the food and the bed and the fresh set of memories.

1 comment:

arch.memory said...

:(

Now I feel sorry for your mom, and hereby publicly apologize to her.

Thank you for coming, dear; you are the best! I really enjoyed your visit.

Big hugs,

Ashraf