Friday, December 28, 2018

Katy's Books of 2018


This is the first year (ever) that I have kept a record of my reading, and the first time I have ever made an effort to read female authors. 

I am not going to do a "top" or "best of" list because these are not all current, they are not all by female authors, but many of them are also not what I would have normally read. This year marks a good change in reading for me. I've read more, I've read different, and I'm proud of my little list here.

Castle of Crossed Destinies by Italo Calvino 
The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace 
The Night Circus by Erin Morgrnstern 
So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo 
My Favorite Thing is Monsters by Emil Ferris 
Persepolis by Majane Satrapi 
The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin 
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle 
Crash Overdrive by Zoe Quinn 
Park Bench by Chaboute 
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel 
The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One by Amanda Lovelace 
Depression & Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim 
Milkbar by Christina Tosi 
The Future by Neil Hilborn 
The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas 
Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente 
The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins by Clint McElroy, Griffin McElroy, Justin McElroy, Travis McElroy, and Carey Pietsch 
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones 
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K Le Guin 
#NeverAgain by David Hogg and Lauren Hogg 
Sharky Malarkey by Megan Nicole Dong 
Limping To The Big Bad by Beth Ayer 
Crystal Fighters by Jen & Tyler Bartel 
Binti by Nnedi Okorafor

No comments: