Sunday, June 25, 2006

weakening

those 9 minutes of snooze
when he holds me
tight like a childhood toy

the soft undersides of his feet
listlessly peeking out
of the dull blue duvet of our bed

and

the gentle stink of his breath
as i kiss him goodbye
just before leaving each morning

relentlessly he succeeds
in breaching my 6am lull



my heart stays in bed with him on sundays





[a bit... well, let's call it a works in progress. it's made up of a few bits i like, but am not sure they work so well together.]

6 comments:

Yasmin Waring said...

oh i am jealous of the gentle stink of your love lady.

this surely makes him weak.

"my heart stays in bed with him on sundays"


aaahhh...

arch.memory said...

Does he know how much you love him?
Does he know how you love him?
Like I said before, he's a lucky guy!
(And luckier are you to love this way...)

denielle said...

love it. very affectionate. "relentlessly he succeeds / in breaching my 6am lull" = golden.

katy said...

you all make me feel just as happy as he does. thank you, over and over and over and over. i love you all to heart-shaped pieces.

hardyf said...

this pomme almost turned me into a believer.

Cecilia said...

It's so nice to feel like a childhood toy, doesn't it? This in itself is already pregnant with meaning ~~~ I saw pure joy, comfort, security and love.

The heart is at home on Sundays. :)