Friday, March 13, 2009

big fish, blue fish - ekphrasis 11

for Adam Burnett



sharks are hungry creatures
when kept in small pools

in basements with sings posted
that read: Do Not Enter




post script: dear adam, i have been thinking about this cartoon for days. three to be exact. i must look like a complete creep because as i walk to my car, for example, i'll smile at myself because this cartoon is funny. i have been trying to think of a poem to go along with it. it's been harder than i ever thought because i keep getting side-tracked by the humor and imagining this actually happening. i am still afraid of babies. affectionately, katy




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like it! Glad I could give you a run for your money. I'm also glad you found it funny. It makes me feel like (slightly) less of a weirdo.