Thursday, September 27, 2007

i thouht he would

we met at parties
where he asked me out over a microphone
under the drum of a guitar and the resonance
of breaking glasses on tin hearts

we went lost together
through dimensions unseen, riding electrons
through scopes and curves and heavy backpacks
watching the lights on an atlas of the world
blink up at us with longing

dare i poetric, my tin heart wonders
which light is his
knowing he doesn't, couldn't possibly be missing me
any measure to match my own

in the form of complex conversations
and simple enthusiasm
a smile and a laugh over soup in styrofoam cups
and a matter of similar ages

yes, i do miss him

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"dare i poetric, my tin heart wonders"

Wonderful line. But are you asking us if YOU should you dare? Or are you telling us that your heart is wondeering?

Whatever. I rather fancy being one of your army of 'tin heart wonders' !